The leaders of our company value continuous conversations with our associates to gain deeper understandings of their points of view. Whether through individual performance and development discussions or more formal engagement surveys of our people, this feedback enables us to define our strengths and identify areas of opportunity.
Recently, an engagement survey we conducted with our associates in Marysville yielded interesting results as well as accolades. Columbus CEO magazine named us a Top Workplace, all because of the feedback and positive responses we received in the survey conducted in partnership with Energage, a third-party, independent researcher.
ScottsMiracle-Gro CEO Jim Hagedorn
The primary purpose of the survey was to gain insights into what we’re doing well and where we can hone areas of focus and close any gaps through action plans. Secondarily, the results showed that our teams believe in ScottsMiracle-Gro’s strategy, our commitment to innovation and our mindset that we are one team working to advance the company and deliver for those who count on us. They also believe in our core convictions.
Over 80 percent of Marysville associates participated, and here’s what they told us:
- Our culture is like no other. It’s innovative, empowering, challenging, agile and caring.
- ScottsMiracle-Gro motivates them to do their best work.
- They believe we are going in the right direction.
- New ideas and suggestions are encouraged every day, as staying innovative is how we stay competitive and relevant in the consumer and job market.
- We operate by strong values. We care for our associates, giving back in our community, investing in our environment and doing the right thing everyday.
- Our LiveTotal Health programs – the comprehensive and integrated approach to physical, financial and personal wellness – is a differentiator for associates and their families.
- Health and safety are our number one priority.
- 92 percent would recommend a friend or family member to work at ScottsMiracle-Gro.
Associate Gardens at ScottsMiracle-Gro
We obviously were pleased with the feedback and will use these and other insights to further enable us to get better at what we do. Our goal is always to be a best place to work, and we could not be prouder of the associates who make ScottsMiracle-Gro the amazing company it is today.
Learn more about ScottsMiracle-Gro’s workplace culture.