We recently announced our corporate purpose to GroMoreGood everywhere, which goes beyond the products we put on store shelves to push our company to think bigger and be better when it comes to our communities, the planet, our consumers, our partners and our family of associates.
As part of our GroMoreGood commitment, we are excited to share our 2020 Corporate Responsibility Report. In this report, you’ll see how we bring our GroMoreGood purpose to life in our commitments to the environment, our communities and our associates. It also provides important updates on how we are fostering a safe, healthy and inclusive workplace and providing essential products in the face of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.
This past year, we took meaningful steps to further our strategy and management of environmental, social and governance (ESG) topics. In a truly collaborative process driven by our associates across ScottsMiracle-Gro, we completed an assessment and prioritization of ESG topics for the next five years, taking a deep look at our operations, stakeholders and leading frameworks and benchmarks. Our ESG priorities that emerged are:
- Product Stewardship and Safety
- Operations and Supply Chain
- Associate Engagement and Wellness
- Community Engagement
- Governance and Transparency
A few other highlights from the 2020 Corporate Responsibility Report include:
- Producing more than 600,000 face shields for first responders in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Introducing Miracle-Gro® Performance Organics™––a full line of OMRI-listed plant foods, potting mixes and garden soils, offering gardeners the performance they expect with fully organic ingredients
- Expanding pollinator habitats by 152,460 square feet and reached nearly 49,000 people online with pollinator messages through a partnership with the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA)
- Recognition as a Wonderful Workplace for Columbus Young Professionals as well as a Top Place to Work by Columbus CEO
I’m proud of the team we have here at ScottsMiracle-Gro. As you will see in all that we have done and committed to in 2019, it’s not in our nature to sit back and say it’s good enough. We won’t stop growing more good until we leave our corner of the world in a better shape than we found it.