Our Give Back to Gro philanthropic mission is focused primarily in the U.S., Canada and Europe.
What We Fund
We are proud to share a portion of our annual sales each year with the communities in which we live and work and provide support in the following categories:
- Environmental Enhancement. ScottsMiracle-Gro is a major supporter of the development of gardens and greenspaces that help provide life-enhancing qualities to people and our environment. Our involvement ranges from major publicly managed botanic gardens to small neighborhood greenspaces.
- Health & Wellness Initiatives. We take pride in being on the cutting edge of associate-focused benefits and wellness programs. As a result, we support health and wellness-based programs in communities where we maintain a strong associate presence.
- Youth Advancement. The Company funds initiatives that provide underserved youth with opportunities that enable independent growth and foster an appreciation for the environment. Support priority is given to programs that incorporate horticulture and plant science in their outreach format.
What We Provide
We offer monetary and in-kind support to qualified non-profit organizations. In-kind product donations are limited to materials from our consumer product offerings.
Products are not offered at a discount for fundraising purposes. Donations of product are made in retail packaged goods and are not delivered in bulk.
What We Do Not Support
Our charitable funds do not support the following:
- Groups that are not tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status
- Private foundations
- Lobbying, partisan or denominational groups
- Endowment campaigns
- Research and development
- Organizational operating expenses
- Individual elementary and secondary schools, not associated with national outreach programming
- Groups or individuals seeking educational or travel grants for contests, pageants, trips, or conventions
- United Way member organizations (ScottsMiracle-Gro and its associates are generous supporters of annual United Way funding, agencies supported by United Way are not eligible to apply for additional support)
- Faith-Based Organizations (ScottsMiracle-Gro will consider requests from faith-based organizations, provided the contributions are not used for inherently religious purposes or to serve a limited constituency versus the larger community in which an organization operates, i.e. community gardens)
How to Make a Request
To request funding or in-kind product support, eligible non-profit organizations must submit a request electronically to GiveBackToGro@Scotts.com.
Only electronic requests are accepted. Unsolicited telephone inquiries, faxed requests or letters will not be considered.
Please allow six to eight weeks for your request to be reviewed. All requestors will receive a response via email to the address provided regarding the outcome of their request.