ScottsMiracle-Gro 2016 Ratings & Reviews Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: ScottsMiracle-Gro Ratings & Reviews Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and who are original recipients of the Sponsor’s email invitation to participate. Employees of The Scotts Company LLC, Monsanto Company, Bazaarvoice, Inc., HelloWorld, Inc., and their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: The Scotts Company LLC, 14111 Scottslawn Road, Marysville, OH 43041. Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on January 1, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), ends on October 31, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Promotion Period”), and consists of ten (10) entry periods (each an “Entry Period”) as set forth in the table below:
(at 12:00 a.m. ET)
(at 11:59 p.m. ET)
|1||January 1, 2016||January 31, 2016||February 5, 2016|
|2||February 1, 2016||February 29, 2016||March 3, 2016|
|3||March 1, 2016||March 31, 2016||April 4, 2016|
|4||April 1, 2016||April 30, 2016||May 4, 2016|
|5||May 1, 2016||May 31, 2016||June 3, 2016|
|6||June 1, 2016||June 30, 2016||July 7, 2016|
|7||July 1, 2016||July 31, 2016||August 5, 2016|
|8||August 1, 2016||August 31, 2016||September 6, 2016|
|9||September 1, 2016||September 30, 2016||October 5, 2016|
|10||October 22, 2016||October 31, 2016||November 4, 2016|
Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: During any Entry Period, if you receive an email invitation from the Sponsor, click on any “Write a Review” link or “Review any Product” link within the email invitation and submit your review and your valid email address. Upon submitting your email address and a review that meets the “Review Guidelines” below, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the drawing for the applicable Entry Period. Reviews submitted directly at scotts.com, miraclegro.com, ortho.com, tomcat.com or roundup.com will not count as valid entries.
Review Guidelines: The product you review does not have to be one that you’ve purchased, but your honest feedback and/or opinion is required. Reviews must not be indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, or libelous or contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, or contain material that is unlawful in any way. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant where it finds the review unlawful, or in violation of these Official Rules, all in its sole discretion.
Limit: You may enter one (1) time per Entry Period during the Promotion Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. Drawings: Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winners from all eligible entries received for each Entry Period, on or around the dates set forth in the chart in Section 3. Non-winning entries will not be included in drawings for subsequent Entry Periods. The potential winners will be notified by email. Each potential winner will be required to provide a valid mailing address (P.O. Boxes not permitted), which must be received by Administrator within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, fails to provide the requested information within the required time period, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits his/her prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Sweepstakes.
6. Prizes: ONE HUNDRED (100) GRAND PRIZES (ten (10) awarded per Entry Period): A $25 Visa® gift card. Approximate Retail Value: $25. Terms and conditions of Visa gift cards apply. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable Entry Period. Limit: One (1) prize per person per Entry Period.
7. Release: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or receiving any prize, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Monsanto Company, Bazaarvoice, Inc., Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Monsanto Company is not a sponsor of this promotion.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes and/or receipt of any prize constitutes each participant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
13. Winners List: For a winners list, visit here. The winners list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete. © 2016 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.
Abbreviated rules for online Ads – Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Ends 10/31/16. See Official Rules.
Abbreviated Rules for online Ads – Not a Banner (this includes emails)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 18 years and older who are original recipients of Sponsor’s email invitation to participate. Ends 10/31/16. For Official Rules, including odds and prize descriptions, visit . Void where prohibited.